Finding new customers may be the ultimate goal of sales. But that doesn’t mean you should take you current customers for granted. Repeat customers keep your business running. And they provide online reviews, a critical piece of digital marketing.
Contrary to what you may believe, keeping your current customers happy is actually easier than recruiting new ones. It costs less money and your efforts are more likely to succeed. Converting a lead into a customer will always be more difficult than persuading an existing customer to buy more products.
But how do you keep these all-important existing customers happy?
How to Keep Current Customers
To help you retain you develop a customer retention strategy, we have compiled a list of best practices below.
- Prioritize customer service. Make sure your employees are friendly and respectful when speaking to customers.
- Communicate regularly. Send your customers a newsletter or a promotional email every few months. You want to keep them thinking about your business.
- Offer rewards. Provide exclusive deals or discounts to your loyal customers. Give them an incentive to continue shopping.
- Encourage reviews. Let your customers know you value their opinion.
- Engage with feedback. Respond to every customer who leaves a review. Reply to comments left on social media.
- Create an unsubscribe button. Give customers the option to opt out of unsolicited emails.
- Offer free webinars and demos. If your products are difficult to understand, develop free training sessions.
How to Step Up Your Marketing Game
Are you interested in improving your marketing? Visual Visitor offers the following tools to make your marketing game even stronger:
- Call tracking. Easily identify which ads and keywords are generating calls. Discover which ones are worth your investment.
- Email tracking. Find out if people are reading your emails. Identify hot leads and existing customers who are still engaged with your business.
- Review tracking. Access all of your reviews without leaving your dashboard. Request, monitor and share reviews with the Visual Visitor app.
- Website tracking. Discover who’s browsing your website. Identify anonymous visitors and find out which webpages are attracting the attention of your current customers.
Keeping your existing customers is just as important as finding new ones. Take advantage of Visual Visitor’s marketing tools to accomplish both goals.
Click here to sign up for our 14-day free trial. Get ready to improve your customer retention and customer acquisition strategies.