Social media has quickly become an indispensable marketing tool for many businesses. Not only does it have wide reach, it’s cost-effective too. And those aren’t the only reasons small businesses should invest time into building their social media profiles.
Why does social media deserve your attention?
- It has incredible reach. Instagram has over 1 billion users while Facebook has more than 2.7 billion. Many of your current and future customers are already using social media.
- It allows you to connect with your customers. Engaging with your customers on social media is easy. You can “like” positive reviews, answer questions, and read and respond to people’s comments.
- It provides a space for you to market your products. Social media has a huge influence on its users. Advertising on Instagram and Facebook is likely to be effective. You can use paid ads or just post regularly and hopefully your content will organically inspire sales.
- It helps you build your online reputation. Your website, social media profiles and reviews are the three facets which make up your online reputation. Don’t throw away an opportunity to shape your reputation.
- It encourages engagement. People are more likely to respond to a social media post than they are to traditional advertising. The purpose of social media is to encourage interactions that wouldn’t necessarily occur elsewhere.
- It increases your online visibility. People are more likely to find your business when you have regularly updated social media profiles. Without them, browsers may be directed to your competitors.
Regardless of the industry you work in, your business should have at least one active social media account. It provides your business with greater visibility and plays a critical role in driving your sales. After all, the people that find your business online make up your prospective customer base. The greater this number is, the greater your sales figures should be.