Effective Date: December 21, 2012
The Visual Visitor LLC team works hard to provide you with a service that makes you happier and more productive. We strive to give you a great experience by offering essential apps, making sure that your data is protected and being fully transparent about our data handling practices. In return, we ask that you respect the Visual Visitor LLC Service and other users, and follow these rules about what not to do when you’re using the Service. And please remember that when you agreed to our Terms of Service (including these Guidelines), you agreed that you are responsible for any and all conduct and Content under your account.
You agree that when you use the Service, you won’t:
- Use Visual Visitor LLC for Anything Illegal – or to Promote Illegal Activities. So don’t do things like post instructions on how to assemble bombs; promote harm to any person, group of people (or animals, for that matter), or any governmental or legal entity; or stalk or harass anyone. This also means don’t violate laws or regulations applicable to you.
- Violate Our Users’ Rights. Don’t invade another’s privacy, and don’t use someone’s personal data for commercial purposes or in some other manner that violates their rights or applicable laws. This also means you shouldn’t upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you don’t have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (e.g., inside information, confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Annoy or Scam Our Users. Don’t upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials. So no spam, no pyramid schemes, and definitely no “I got kidnapped and need you to wire me $1,000” schemes. Don’t try to solicit users’ passwords or personal information. This also means no engaging in commercial activities within the Service or on behalf of Visual Visitor LLC without our prior approval (e.g., displaying a banner designed to profit you or any other business or organization or displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their web sites). And don’t use the Service as a forwarding means to another website.
- Violate IP Rights. Don’t upload, post or transmit Content that infringes the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of another party.
- Mess With Our Service. Don’t ruin this for everyone. Don’t upload, promote or distribute software viruses or any other kind of computer code, files or programs that attempt to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. Don’t interfere with our servers or networks connected to the Service. Don’t try to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service. And unless Visual Visitor LLC has given you its prior approval, don’t access or attempt to access the Service by any means other than through the interface provided by Visual Visitor LLC (including through the use of scripts, web crawlers or the like).
- Attempt to Copy or Resell Our Service. Don’t try to reproduce Visual Visitor LLC or otherwise try to exploit any part of, use of or access to the Service. In addition, don’t attempt to prevent or impair the full and complete display of advertisements or other messaging within the Service.
- Pretend to Be Someone You’re Not. Just be yourself. And in particular, don’t pretend to work at or be affiliated with Visual Visitor LLC if that’s not true.
- Exceed the Scope of Your Authorized Use. Don’t access or use features that you don’t have a right to use; don’t mess around with other users’ Content if they haven’t given you permission to do so.
Finally, do not upload, publish or display Content that:
- Contains nudity, sexually graphic material or material that is otherwise deemed explicit by Visual Visitor LLC; or
- Visual Visitor LLC deems threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, invasive, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
If you encounter any of these prohibited uses, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You understand that, notwithstanding our efforts and these Terms of Service, you may be exposed to offensive, indecent or objectionable Content when using the Service and, accordingly, you use the Service at your own risk. There are commercially available services and software to limit access to material that you may find objectionable. We may, but shall have no obligation to, provide such services and software, or enable such services or software to work with the Service.
Thanks for helping to make Visual Visitor a great experience for everyone!