In previous iterations of Google My Business, call tracking actually posed a risk to your SEO. This is due to the fact that having one consistent NAP (name, address, and phone number) helped search engines locate and promote your business. This is no longer the case. Assuming you are taking the proper installation steps, Call Tracking promises only good things for your business.
Setting-Up Call Tracking on Google
Google’s Call Tracking feature is easy to set-up. With just a few simple steps, you can start tracking your calls without negatively affecting your SEO.
- Log-in to your Google My Business dashboard.
- Scroll to the “info” tab. Click the pencil icon to edit phone numbers.
- Change your primary phone to your call tracking number.
- Change your additional phone to be your business phone number.
Accomplishing Your Marketing Goals
Tracking your calls provides you with valuable insights. Your marketing team will benefit from knowing which advertising efforts are successful. And your sales team will appreciate knowing more about their leads.
When you sign up for Visual Visitor, you’ll have access to click-path data. You’ll know which webpages your leads visited before and after making a call. You can use this data to improve your website and determine on a case by case basis whether a visitor is a good lead.
Our Call Tracking software lets you know:
- How are customers are finding you
- Which marketing strategies are paying off
- Which leads are worth pursuing
Don’t miss out on this valuable data. Click here to start your 14-day free trial.